Seats fit for a Crane
May 24, 2013 1 Comment
Industrial Seats offers many different types of crane seats. Overhead, tower, truck and oil platform cranes will all take different types of seats. The adjustment to move the seat angle to look down or up is critical. KAB seating offers 2.25 in. seat cushion vertical adjustment range, and seat cushion front & back will tilt independently in the same range.
The KAB 414 and Sears 7008 will have the most adjustment for seat angle. These seats will mainly go into the overhead and tower cranes:
- Medium Duty mechanical suspension seat (4 in. stroke) with single shock damper
- 2.25 in. seat cushion vertical adjustment range, and seat cushion front & back will tilt independently in the same range
- High backrest profile
- Left hand recliner control
- Front height riser control
- Full range backrest recline
- 5 position lumbar support
- Double locking sliderails
The truck cranes can take will mainly take truck seats for the driver and operating station like the Sears Elite 80 and National 2000.
Our most popular oil platform crane is the KAB 525P seat with breathable vinyl. This is a joystick pod seat with a mechanical suspension. Industrial Seats supplies companies like Sparrows and Seatrax with the 525P Pod seat. This seat will still have the vertical adjustment range for seat adjustment:
- Heavy duty mechanical suspension with shock damper
- Mid-height backrest with full range recline
- Seat pan height and tilt adjustment
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Double locking sliderails – located above and below suspension
- Includes LH and RH steel shell control pods
- Seat belt to anchorage ISO 6683 & SAE J386 (15kN)
- Weight Range: 110-270 lbs.
Another type of seat is the pedestal seats which can rotate or swivel 360 degrees. These units will have the following features:
- Heavy duty bolt-down pedestal base features 5/16” wall thickness tubes. Self lubricating bronze bearing for smooth action.
- 3.5” height adjustment range. Gas assist.
- Integral heavy duty turntable locks in 45º increments. Ball bearing race design. Can be customized to lock in customer specified locations.
- 7″ fore/aft adjustment. Heavy duty double locking sliderails.
- High backrest design with inflatable air lumbar support insures personal fit for comfortable, prolonged sitting.
- Robotically welded seat frame construction. 14 gauge steel pan for long term cushion service life.
- Anatomically contoured foam cushions engineered for hours of seated comfort.
- Headrest is height and tilt adjustable
Industrial Seats offers many different type of cranes seats if you need one customized to you specific build we can accommodate that as well.